Participation & Award Information
All students are welcome and encouraged to participate in our Showcase. We want this event to display an exciting atmosphere where we celebrate the awesome talents that we have been given as dancers. We also want to create unity and confidence for a more relaxed environment for all who participate. Though it is not a competition, we will be critiquing all performances for your benefit. All entries will receive an award in honor of their participation in The Showcase.
Registration Fees for the Showcase
Solos, Duets & Trios
$85 per routine
Groups with 4 - 25 Dancers
$105 per routine
$105 per routine
- We want to respect all our viewers and keep our focus on God during the convention. Therefore, please be very careful in selecting the performance you bring. Absolutely no sexual or inappropriate movements of any nature allowed. No suggestive or questionable lyrics. No inappropriate costuming. There will be disqualification for numbers that do not follow these guidelines.
- No use of fire or live animals during showcase performances.
- No entering or exiting during performances.
- All dancers wishing to participate must be registered for entire convention.
- All Showcase registrations must be received at least 15 days prior to the start of the convention. Showcase registrations received after 15 days will not be accepted.
- All groups attending are eligible for ONE performance in the Showcase. Groups of 11-25 students are eligible for TWO performances. Groups of 26+ students are eligible for THREE performances.
- Independent dancers will only be able to register for the Showcase if their studio will NOT be attending the same Dance Revolution event.
- Since this is not a competition, we do not categorize awards into solos, duets, groups or ages.
- Dance Revolution faculty will critique all routines using voice recording to give helpful feedback. The critique recordings will be emailed to the studio or participant the week after the convention concludes.
- Time limits will be as follows:
- Solo: 2 minutes max
- Duet/Trio: 2 minutes max
- Groups 4-25 people: 3:30 minutes max
- Groups 26+: 4:30 minutes max
- Additional minutes may be purchased for $5 per person, up to 2 minutes
- No videotaping allowed at any time during Showcase. Still pictures may be taken.
- If you are not registered for the convention, but would like to attend the Showcase, there will be a $5.00 fee. Please purchase your pass at the DR Table the night of the event.
- Please email all music to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10 days prior to the start of the convention in an mp3 or mp4 file. Please make sure you have a backup USB if needed. Please be sure that the sound quality of your recordings is excellent. Please make sure that all cues and fading out are already taken care of.
Studio Spirit Award
Does your studio show "spirit" not just within your team but to surrounding teams?! We are looking for one studio per location who exemplify team effort and The Spirit of excellence as well as a team that encourages others to reach higher and challenges those around them to feel inspired! DR also loved to see Studio Spirit via social media and other outlets as studios prepare to come to a DR event. DR's Studio Spirit award will be presented at Faculty Show.
Rising Star Performance
DR faculty will be picking one performance from our Showcase to perform in our Faculty Show as our Rising Star performance! We are looking for performances with creativity and innovation that are cleaned and prepared as well as appropriate choreography and costuming. The Rising Star will receive a scholarship to perform their awarded piece at one of our Earthshakers- The Competition's regional event.
Outstanding teacher award
DR will be awarding an outstanding teacher award on tour this year! We are celebrating leaders and mentors that are changing the face of dance with us. Students can fill out this form about their Outstanding Teacher and turn it into the DR Main Table by the end of the DR Showcase. DR's Outstanding Teacher award will be presented at Faculty Show.
Outstanding Teacher Form
DANCE REVOLUTION SCHOLARSHIPS
MORE AWARDS THAN EVER IN 2023-2024!
Dance Revolution awards scholarships in each student level that exemplify the spirit of excellence. DR Scholarships will be presented at Faculty Show.
Scholarships must be used by the end of the next tour season.